Sunday, February 2, 2014

All about Influenster

It's Groundhog Day! However, there's a huge snow storm outside. I think I could've made my own, "Winter is not over" prediction! What does everyone think of the prediction? I'm ok with it! If you can't beat them then join them, right?

While it's the beginning of the month, there's not too much shopping wise going on for me. The stores are packed the first week of the month and while I like people, I'm not too fond of crowds. Today I want to share a little bit about Influenster. I've linked to the about section because it will do a better job of explaining Influenster than I ever could.

I want to tell you about my experience with Influenster. Influenster has multiple different programs throughout the year. They call their programs a Voxbox. I joined Influenster July 10, 2012. Since I have been a part of Influenster, I have participated in three Voxbox programs. These Voxboxes have been:  College Voxbox '12, Slimfast Sexy Summer Voxbox, and the Violet Voxbox. Here's the cool thing, each of the Voxboxes I have received have been packed full of products to try and review through social media outlets and through the Inluenster community itself. You can link your Influenster account to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Foursquare, Pinterest, Youtube, and yep-you guessed it, your personal blog.

I've received pens, candy, press on nails, Slimfast, hair products, hair accessories, make up, nail polish, skincare-all for free, all from Influenster. Now these things all seem pretty relevant to me and my lifestyle. This is the innovative aspect of Influenster. You  complete surveys and gain expert and life style badges based on who you are. Influenster does not waste my time ever. To give you an example, upon joining, I got to choose five expert badges. My expert badges are : Decorator, Tastebud, Mosquito, Eco, and Beauty Queen. Here's a little more information about my badges-decorator is about home decor, tastebud is food and drink, mosquito is camping and outdoor type things, eco is recyclables and green products, and beauty queen is where the make up lovers go. See, I mentioned I had a wide array of interests. Lifestyle badges are unlimited and can range from "I voted badges, to bookworm, to dog lovers.

When you receive products from Influenster, there are very few required tasks. The tasks are to check in your Voxbox when it is received and then after the testing period is complete-do a broad survey on the products you received. However, when you fully utilize Influenster and review the products through the social media channels, your score goes up (which increases the chances to participate in more and more Voxbox programs) and there is an opportunity to win prize packs from the brands tested. I have not won any prizes to date but my fingers are crossed!

Influenster is not for females only. There are badges that are for the men and as you can see, a couple of my badges would also be appealing to men as well as women. In fact, this past November, Influenster had a campaign to attract more male members titled Movember. Influenster is after a broad community so when companies want feedback about their products, Influenster can get into some depth with the proper target market. This is when I might geek out a tiny bit about the marketing aspect of this. It is genius,  I love it and I wish in addition to testing the products, I could see some of the data that Influenster acquires.

If you are interested in joining the Influenster community, I have a few invites-so you can immediately join, otherwise you have to wait on an invitation. You can leave your e-mail in the comments or message it to me somehow since I'm still getting the hang of all this. I encourage you because I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the Influenster nation. You never know what you will get to try out! If you don't want to join, next time I am invited to a Voxbox program I will happily share my experience and the product reviews with you!

XOXO,
The Redheaded Life

      

No comments:

Post a Comment