Sunday, February 16, 2014

Ipsy February 2014

How was everyone's Valentine's Day? Mine was pretty good and I was in a great mood all day!

Today's topic of blog is Ipsy! I have been an Ipsy subscriber since August 2013 and this subscription literally makes me feel as if I am multiplying my money. I have been more excited about some products than others but I have never been disappointed.

February's Ipsy glambag theme was, "The Look of Love". It's for Valentine's day, get it? Ok, so kind of comical and not too original but still cute. Being a redhead, I was terrified of a Valentine's theme bag because a Valentine theme makes people think of PINK and RED. I don't know if any of you all know any redheads or are redheads yourselves, but those colors typically make us cringe. So, while the general population of Ipsy subscribers couldn't wait, I was really apprehensive.

Here is what came in my shiny pink bubble envelope:

  1. Zoya Nail Polish in Odette-0.5 fl. oz. (full size)
  2. Jcat Eyelashes in EL15-1 ct. (full size)
  3. City Color Be Matte Blush in Fresh Melon-0.314 oz. (full size)
  4. Mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Liner in Starshine-0.04 oz (full size)
  5. Pop Beauty Pout Plump in Peony Petal-0.14oz (deluxe sample)
  6. Ipsy Makeup bag 

I think that's a  pretty good picture. Can you see that blush? Man, that was a scary color for a redhead to pull out of a makeup bag. Some people trade their samples personally through the mail, but not me (I might consider it if I had a good friend who wanted to trade every now and then), I like to see how colors work and play with them. So, I opened it, it smelled really good and my idea is that I can pull this stuff off with a pale lip and a natural eye. Does anyone else have a better idea? How would you make that color work for yourself? I'm excited because I would never buy that color for myself so it'll be fun. However, if I get much more of those colors, I might knock down my quiz to not that adventurous in the makeup realm.

I mention quiz because Ipsy tries to personalize bags but at the same time, make no promises. Honestly since I feel like I'm getting a bag of such worth, I never have a problem handing down some makeup items to good friends. Here's what my Ipsy bag was worth this month:

Zoya Polish $9.00
Jcat Lashes $3.99
City Color Blush $2.99
Mally Liner $15.00
Pop Gloss $8.00
Makeup Bag
???
TOTAL: $38.98

I am most excited about the Zoya polish, I have found that keeping my nails polished makes them so much stronger and Zoya is a brand I have came to appreciate! If you are thinking about ordering some Zoya polish, use code: IPSYZP4 this code is for buy 2, get 1 nail polish and a free 1 oz remover.

As you can see, I definitely got more than I paid for. I love Ipsy and that is why. Now do you understand?  It's an investment that always pays off! Do you want to know more about any of my Ipsy items this month? Leave me a comment and I'll get back to you!

If you would like to join me on ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag you could help me out by using my referral link! You will get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10!!!

In addition to the products, you will always get a makeup bag! These can accumulate so I'm going to start having to get creative with how I use them! How do you use extra makeup bags that you have accumulated?

XOXO,
The Redheaded Life

2 comments:

  1. I will check Ipsy out, thank you for the information :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear! I love it! Thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete