Friday, February 14, 2014

Beauty Army February 2014

Happy Valentine's Day! My subscription boxes have all rolled in and I am trying to figure out the order I want to tell you about them. Oh, I think I'll tell you about Beauty Army first because I am thoroughly excited about it! Beauty Army is a fully customizable box, you set up your sampling profile and then you select every single sample you receive. I believe they come up with nine choices, and you pick six! I've only received one box, but for now, I am excited about it! Here's where you can see my kit on Beauty Army's site!

I'll start by telling you what I picked:

  1. Amlactin Mosturizing Body Lotion-2 oz.
  2. Nelson Argan Oil 7 in 1 Mon-Foaming Shampoo-1 oz.
  3. bhcosmectics California Collection-3 mini pans
  4. EVERY beauty Makeup Remover Pads-5 ct. but I will cut them in half
  5. Remington Suede Head Wraps-2 ct.
  6. Vidal Sassoon Repair and Finish Spray-5.07 oz. (full size)
Now I'll show you!


Beauty Army actually has a couple really cool features that are very different from any other subscription service that I have came across. The first of which being that you get to pick your samples! This is really cool, there are a lot of complainers out there and it's nice that Beauty Army actually cares what you want so that you are completely satisfied. Second, they tell you exactly how big each of the samples are when you are picking them. I know some people really enjoy sampling higher end items for the fact that the items are kind of a luxury that most could not regularly afford. Me? I like to get my money's worth, so more than one use out of a sample is what I'm after. Third, you can keep an active subscription and SKIP a month! Don't like what shows up for you? You don't have to pay for a box that month! There is no guess work. I would think that also motivates Beauty Army to get some good sample choices so people actually pick them! Last, the box. See the box that my items are in? The white box with the pink camp inside? So cute. I am totally considering it a bonus item because it is a good size to keep stuff in. and they actually go through great lengths to make sure it gets to you unharmed.

Remember when I wrote about all my current subscription boxes? Well I told you that Beauty Army was $12 a month. Here's what it was worth!

Nelson J Argan Oil 7 in 1 $2.75
Amlactin Moisturizing Lotion $2.62
Remington Braided Headwraps $7.25
Every Beauty Remover Pads $1.29
bhcosmetics California Collection $3.00
Vidal Sassoon Finish and Repair $4.00
TOTAL $20.91

I know these aren't the most high value items but I know I will use every single one of them! I will actually probably use them all up as well! I am satisfied because I got a say in what I wanted. I completely feel like I got my money's worth! The thing that I'm most excited to try is the Nelson Argan Oil 7 in 1. I love multi-purpose items and this specific one is a shampoo, conditioner, detangler, argan oil shine, color sealer, smooth serum, and a pre-styling lotion. All seven of those are things that I would regularly use separately!

If you want to know more about any of these products, leave me a comment! I would recommend that everybody sign up for Beauty Army. There is only one downside, since they are revamping of sorts, there is no referral or rewards program currently. I really believe they are working on one as it says there is one in their FAQ's. In my opinion, Beauty Army is a go! Check it out and let me know what you think! Are you going to subscribe?

XOXO,
The Redheaded Life

1 comment: