Tuesday, February 4, 2014

How to Win

If you're my friend or follower on any social media site, you know I share a lot of contests. You know why? Because my theory is that you can't win if you don't play. I realize this coming from me is a bit ironic because I don't take a whole lot of risk in life. However, what do I have to lose when referring to this specific topic???

I win a lot of things. Some call it luck, I call it playing smart. I've won fair tickets, parking passes, concert tickets, meet and greet passes, t-shirts, hats, candy bars, and recently, some cuticle oil from Nubar and Beauty Box 5. You might be wondering what in the world this blog post is even about. Hold your horses, I will tell you right now. This post contains a few tips to get you in the winner's ring.


  1. If you see a photo on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter that says, "Enter here", then by all means, ENTER. Someone has got to win, why shouldn't it be you?
  2. Follow your favorite brands and stores on social media. We are in the age of social marketing. Your favorite brands want to connect with you and they are constantly announcing contests, sales, special promotion codes, and even FREEBIES.
  3. If you are out to score, do some research and take an interest in some smaller companies, the prizes might not be huge but your chances of winning great prizes from them are!
  4. Instant win games really are cool. My Coke Rewards has quite a few instant win games and most of the time, if you read the Terms and Conditions, you can get up to 5 free chances to play, everyday. I've won a couple $5 gift cards from My Coke Rewards!
  5. Be smart maybe even borderline sneaky. There is nothing wrong with asking your friends to "like" something of yours so you can win! That's what companies want, traffic to their brand and site!
  6. Blogs. Lots of times when bloggers are just getting started and want to increase their loyal followers, they will host giveaways. Sometimes companies will provide the products for these bloggers to give away and sometimes a blogger will relinquish her personal stash of goodies for you to enjoy.
  7. Text-to-win. Pay attention to radio stations with text to win opportunities because if you save the number as a contact in your phone, all you need to win is a pair of fast thumbs. 
  8. Put in a little effort and you just may be surprised at what you can walk away with!
If you don't have any contests on your mind, here's one from Beauty Box 5 that you can enter right now! A short post today but I know you're on the edge of your seat, waiting to enter the next contest you come across. I don't want to keep you a second longer. If anyone wants to share some really cool winnings or has any other tips, feel free to comment below! I'd love to get to know you and any winning strategies you might have! Get out there and win! Good luck!!

XOXO,
The Redheaded Life

No comments:

Post a Comment