Saturday, February 1, 2014

Get to know me and my blog!

Who's going to gain a legion of loyal followers without establishing a little credibility and sharing about themselves? No one. With that being said, I am dedicating my very first post (hopefully not my last) to that, so here goes nothing. I live in Oklahoma and I do not drive. Therefore, I do a lot of online shopping but I do get out every now and then to see what the brick and mortar has to offer. Usually I am disappointed, but nonetheless, I find some good stuff-things that make me happy. That's why I'm here. I want to share my triumphs with YOU. Yes, you. I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets excited about these things, so I invite you to share with me, as I will share with you.

I graduated college with a B.B.A. in Marketing and have a minor in Professional Sales. That being said, I do not have a lot of money to throw around. I like to make what I do have last and really get the most out of it. I do this by doing a bit of research. I use a couple sites frequently that I will gladly share with you. I will only tell you about three today since there will be plenty of time to share the rest.

The first I will tell you about is Ebates. Ebates has a few commercials so you have probably heard of them but are unsure if they are credible or not. Let me tell you, they are completely legitimate and the whole process is really interesting. Ebates has hundreds of stores that participate with them and if you do a lot of online shopping, it is a community you must be a part of. For every purchase you make, if you complete the purchase through an Ebates link, you get cash back. Essentially, you get paid to shop. They have several different ways to get the cash back such as donate to charity, through paypal, or you can opt for them to send you a check (if your cash back is $5 or more) quarterly. I opt for a big fat check and a few days ago, They gave me the option to immediately redeem for an Amazon e-gift card. Amazon is a site I frequent (I will talk about it shortly), so I took them up on the offer and successfully used the balance on a purchase yesterday.

The next website/store that I want to share my love for is Ulta. Ulta is a beauty store and they are definitely a go to for me due to their coupons, special offers, and rewards program. I have included a link to the earning page of the rewards program. Here's my tip: redeem your rewards at the 250/350/450/etc. balances. Here's why: 100 points=$3.00, which means that every 50 points would be equivalent, to $1.50. However, at the 250 point mark, the reward is $8.00, but when you add it up in 50 point increments, The reward would only be $7.50. You get $0.50 extra if you redeem at 250/350/450, I realize that's not a lot but it is how to maximize Ulta rewards. The entire reward system is consistent with that. It's also worth mentioning the special weeks, birthday months, and promotions where you can take advantage of up to 5X the points.

The last site that I will talk about today is Amazon. Who doesn't love Amazon? Amazon has recently upped their free shipping offer. The offer used to be free shipping on Amazon fulfilled purchases over $25, now the offer is free shipping of Amazon fulfilled purchases over $35 dollars. However, Amazon offers several programs to make purchases even more affordable such as Prime, deals of the day, AND coupons. Yes, Amazon has coupons! With all coupons, some are better than others. Recently, I got 2.00 a Kotex product and got the 24 count wipes for a little over $2.00-shipped, that was a good coupon! Could I have gotten it cheaper? Yes, some people have in fact, by opting in for "subscribe and save" and being Prime members. I am not a prime member, nor have I played around with subscribe and save but the deal I got was good enough for me. I'm not always out for the best deal. If it's a good deal and convenient, I am usually sold.

Hopefully, I have communicated what I want to do. I hope even more, that you enjoy it and are interested enough to give me some opinions, share your stories, share my blog with your friends, and get to know me even more! Stay in touch for good deals, freebies, product testing communities, and subscription boxes. I look forward to next time!

XOXO,
The Redheaded Life

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

No comments:

Post a Comment