Monday, March 17, 2014

Ipsy March 2014

It's that time that everyone always looks forward to! It's when I show you my monthly Ipsy glambag. Ipsy announced that for the first time since I have been a subscriber that only four products were getting sent out this month. I do follow the sneak peeks during first full week of the month on Ipsy's Facebook page.

People were outraged that there were only four products. Trust me, even with four products, Ipsy out did themselves.


The first thing that I just have to talk about is the makeup bag. My Ipsy bags are really starting to accumulate but this month was such a cool concept. Ipsy is starting an artist series and this was the first bag that was designed by a San Francisco local artist, Klariart. What a cool idea!? How cool is it that Ipsy is helping artists get their work out. I was hoping this was going to be a canvas bag but it was plasticy. Such a unique bag. I don't know what I am going to do with it but I look forward to seeing the other artist designed bags!

Let's get down to the products! You guys know that makeup is EXPENSIVE. When it comes down to ounces, for a lot-you don't get very much. Unless you get it with Ipsy, then you get a great deal! You always get 4-5 products for $10 a month. This month, I got:
  1. Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer-.4 fl. oz (travel size)
  2. Chella Indigo Blue Highlighter-1 ml (full size)
  3. NYX Segredos de Giselle Love In Rio Eyeshadow Pallet-full size
  4. bareMinerals Get Ready Marvelous Moxie Lipstick-.05 oz
Just wait until I tell you how much these four items were worth!

Pixi Beauty Primer $9.00
Chella Eyeliner $24.00
NYX Eyeshadow $6.00
bareMinerals Lipstick $7.50
Makeup Bag
???
TOTAL $46.50

Can you believe that!? $46.50! 

The Pixi Beauty Primer is actually sold in that size on the Pixi Beauty website, which is why I labeled it travel size. I love using a primer. I have huge pores so the primer is very exciting. Currently, I use the Ulta brand primers and I love them. Will this take their place? Probably not but at least I will experience a diverse pallet. 

The eyeliner is an eyeliner pen. I have really gotten into colored liner. I am even donning some green liner today (Happy St. Patrick's Day)! I am really REALLY excited about experimenting with the eyeliner. 

I have tons of nude eyeshadows. I can't imagine how this would be any different than any of the ones I already own. It always looks good. Very classic look.  I really like the NYX Lipsticks so why wouldn't I like the shadow?

The lipstick is a pink. However, I think it is a shade that would flatter practically everyone. The bareMinerals brand is very trusted so I wouldn't expect any less than a quality product. This is the perfect size to keep in your purse for on the go occasions!

What do you guys think of my March bag? Are you an Ipsy Subscriber? Do you want to know more about anything I received? If you want to give Ipsy a try, click on any Ipsy link throughout this post. The link contains a referral from me so I will get a few points if you decide to sign up. You know I always enjoy this subscription!

XOXO,
The Redheaded Life


No comments:

Post a Comment