Thursday, March 13, 2014

My Cotton Bunny March 2014

This is my last My Cotton Bunny Bundle. I'm just so sad about this subscription service. I feel like there's so much potential there but they are not changing with what's demanded in this market.

I did change it up this month with what I could choose. It is so easy to update your profile to select what brand of products you want if you want a little change. This month, I decided to get the O.B. regular tampons. Here's a picture of the whole box:


I can say that I have always felt that I got what I paid for. My Cotton Bunny is $16/month. In the top left you can see a bracelet-that was the bonus for completing last month's challenge. To the top right are 3 yoga headbands. You can see the 18 ct. regular o.b. tampons, a luna protein bar, A KurFoods Delights in Dark Chocolate Mint, some bow hair ties, and a wipe? I'm not sure that is a wipe. There wasn't any information about it on the card but given the nature of the box-that would be my best guess. 

The bracelet. I got the same bracelet in a different color in my bundle last month. I am not really into pink. I'm sure I can find someone to give it to. Sharing with a friend is what the card suggests to do with it-give it to a friend. This is supposed to be a present to spoil myself with during my time of the month and you want me to share with a friend? I will. BUT, that is NOT the point of this box. Obviously, they had leftovers from last month. This is the bonus so I don't mind but isn't my idea of pampering. There is no brand associated with this bracelet. Last month I assigned a value of $7.00 to this bracelet because I saw a similar bracelet online. This is being generous to the value but I will do the same this month.

The headbands are always great. I frequently use things like this so these are a welcome addition to my collection. There was no brand associated with these but I found some Goody Headbands at Walmart that I will compare these too in the sense of price and quality. The quality of these was not so good. I will have to cut the strings off on all three! I will use them and am happy I got them.

The Luna Protein bar. I am excited about this. I love bars. Sometime's I am just not very hungry but sill want to make sure I will have some energy. This bar is packed with protein so it will be a good one. I haven't eaten it yet but I sure will! The flavor I received was Chocolate Peanut Butter.

The KurFoods Delight in Dark Chocolate Mint. I ate this as soon as I opened my box! I love chocolate and mint together. These bites are vegan and I'm not sure but I believe the majority of this treat is made of dates. I love things like this that are healthy but packed with flavor. I even looked online to purchase more-maybe in a different flavor to try them all out!

The bow hair ties. Whomp whomp. What in the world are these? Are things like this in style? I think they could be cute if carefully planned with an outfit. I couldn't find anything like these though to compare and determine a price for my box total. There were some DIY hair ties that people had posted as arts and craft projects. They are supposed to have a little star charm on one end but my charms were missing and there was just little rings. I pulled the rings out and if I wear them, I like them without the charms anyway. There is no brand associated with these hair ties.

The possible wipe. Believe it or not, I am most excited about this wipe. The fact that this was included hints that My Cotton Bunny is starting to change and get in the TOM box competition. There are quite a few TOM boxes and all of them include little extras like this.

Here's what I estimate the box to be worth:

O.B. Regular Tampons 18ct. $4.99
Bracelet $7.00
Luna Protein Bar $1.25
Hair Ties 2ct.
???
Yoga Headbands $2.39
Delights Dark Chocolate Mint $1.00
Wipe
???
TOTAL $16.63

You get what you pay for with this box and that's great! However, with subscription boxes the expectations are higher. Well, my expectations are higher. I really enjoyed My Cotton Bunny, I enjoyed the concept. For me, the value just wasn't there. My Cotton Bunny is a small business and I am all for supporting small businesses but there are many more small businesses out there that I'm ready to give a try! 

My Cotton Bunny's bonus challenge this month was to e-mail them for any improvements or suggestions. This tells me they really do care what their subscribers want and are attempting to get that information. Even though I won't be getting another box, I still plan to e-mail them and give my suggestions. Who knows maybe I will give My Cotton Bunny another try in the future!

Do you have any suggestions for what I should try out next? Let me know in the comments but please do not bombard me with referral links. If I am interested, I will ask you! 

XOXO,
The Redheaded Life

No comments:

Post a Comment